Individual Medicare Advantage Insurance
You typically have three options when enrolling in Medicare.
- Stick with traditional coverage offered by Medicare parts A and B
- Choose default coverage and add supplemental benefit policies
- Enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan
Benefits of a Medicare Advantage Insurance Plan
Medicare Advantage Plans are optional policies offered by private insurers. These plans include:
- Preferred provider organizations
- Private fee-for-service plans
- Special needs plans
- Medicare Medical Savings Account (MSA) plans
Medicare Advantage Plans replace traditional Medicare and prescription drug coverage. Anyone age 65 or older can enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan instead of using traditional Medicare.